Spring Recital 2018, “Alice in Wonderland”
Follow the White Rabbit into Wonderland and join Alice for an adventure of a lifetime in Uptown Dance Centre’s year-end recital, Alice in Wonderland.
Uptown Dance Centre’s goal is to provide a superior dance experience for your child. We thrive to present the highest quality production, including professional-level music, lighting, costumes, and theater. The Hobby Center is a beautiful facility, and it provides exposure for our students to a professional-level theater. We look forward to this year’s performance! Let’s all work together to make this year’s performance a great success!
Click buttons for more information on…
Decline Form: https://goo.gl/forms/L06w2svik1SbasCN2
If we do not hear from you by November 15th, 2017, we assume your child is participating in the recital, and you will be charged for the recital fees listed below.
All recital fees will be collected on November 30th, 2017. We will charge your credit card on file, or you may bring payment to UDC Office on or before November 30th, 2017.
Tickets going on sale on February 17, 2018 (Saturday) at noon.
Link will become active when tickets go on sale.
Ticket prices range from $12 – $30.
You may also purchase tickets by phone at Hobby Center Box Office: 713.315.2525 when tickets go on sale.
Need extra Recital 2018 tickets? Have extra tickets to sell?
Post your request to the following form to find or sell extra tickets.
Submit Recital 2018 Ticket Request
Visit the Recital 2018 Ticket Exchange Board to connect with other parents for recital tickets:
Recital 2018 Ticket Exchange Board
Please note: This exchange board is only to facilitate connections between parents for tickets, however UDC Office is not responsible for actual transactions. Please contact the parents directly to buy or sell tickets.
If you still do not have any recital tickets by April 15, 2018, please email UDC Office (email@example.com) with the following information:
- Show Date & Time (epseically if your child performs in multiple show)
- Minimum Number of Tickets Needed
We have a limited number of tickets reserved for emergency purposes, and they could be released to families that are in need of recital tickets. Please note that the number of emergency tickets is limited, and we will distribute them with the priority to ensure all participating families have at least some tickets to watch their children’s performances.
PERFORMANCE DATES & TIMES
Friday, May 4, 2018
3:45pm – 6:00pm
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, May 5, 2018
9:45am – 11:00am
11:30am – 1:30pm
Saturday, May 5, 2018
3:15pm – 4:30pm
5:00pm – 7:00pm
To determine your child’s cast, please find the class level, meeting day and time from the following lists.
Pre-K B Thur 4:15
Ballet I A Wed 2:30
Ballet I B Tues 4:15
Ballet II Tues 4:15
Hip Hop II Thur 3:30
Pre-K A Wed 3:30
Pre-K B Thur 2:30
Ballet I A Mon 3:15
Ballet 1 B Thur 4:15
Hip Hop I Tue 3:30
Ballet III (Mon/Wed)
Creative Movement Fri 10:30 am
Ballet I A Wed 4:15
Ballet I B Wed 3:30
Ballet II Mon 4:15
Sports Jazz Mon 3:30
Hip Hop II Fri 3:30
* Ballet IV, V, VI/VII, as wells as Jr Co, Sr Co, and Company II, perform in all 3 shows
Note: Casting is determined by class, i.e. an entire class is cast for a particular performance. We cannot take casting requests, as we divide the classes up equally among the three shows for the best ticket availability.
Please review the following show program (based on your child’s casting) to check for any misspelling. Simply find your child’s name under their designated class and contact UDC office immediately if errors occurred with spelling.
If there are no issues, we do not need a response.
DROP-OFF & PICK-UP PROCEDURES
Please drop off your dancer(s) dressed in costume with hair in bun and stage makeup.
We do not have enough backstage help to do hair and makeup for the dancers. All dancers are responsible for their own hair and makeup.
Dancers may be dropped off at Hobby Center – Zilkha Hall lobby check-in desk. We will have someone take the dancers to the dressing rooms.
For security reasons and per Hobby Center policies, no parents are allowed backstage before, during or after rehearsal and show.
AFTER PERFORMANCE PICK-UP
- Ballet Pre-K A, Ballet Pre-K B and Creative Movements students will be brought to side hallway* for pick up. (* Access through door on Orchestra Left section)
- Sport-Jazz students will be brought to side hallway* for pick up. (* Access through door on Orchestra Left section)
- Ballet Level I, Ballet Level II and Hip-Hop: Pick up from stage
- Ballet Levels III–VII: Pick up from lobby
COSTUMES, HAIR & MAKEUP FOR PERFORMANCE
Uptown Dance Centre will provide the actual costume(s) for your child. However you must purchase/provide the following items on your own for your child.
- ALL DANCERS:
- Nude leotard
- Pink tights with backseam — Capezio 9/9C (Classic Pink) or Body Wrappers A46 (Ballet Pink)
- Tights must be footed or convertible
- Pink ballet shoes or pointed shoes
- Shoes must be in clean condition
- Black biker shorts (or any dark solid color fitted shorts)
- White t-shirt (fitted)
- LEVEL III – IV:
- Black tights
- Black ballet shoes
- White undershirt (optional, but highly recommended)
- LEVEL VI – VII:
- White tights
- White ballet shoes
- White undershirt (optional, but highly recommended)
- Nude leotard (for female dancers)
- Black dance sneakers
You may find most of these items available via our Online Store (http://www.curtaincallforclass.com/my-studio/42249).
- Tight mid-head bun- no bangs or whispies
- Bobby pins, hair net, and hairspray are all needed for a tight bun!
- If you need help with how to put your child’s hair in a tight bun, please check with UDC office, or check out this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P73C4Oea14
- Hair should be clean and neat
- Pre-K through Level I:
- Blush, lipstick, and light brown eye shadow. This is to prevent their faces from washing out under the bright stage lights.
- Levels II through VII:
- Full stage make-up (^above with foundation, mascara, and eye liner). Ben Nye make-up kit may be purchased at The Performing Arts Supply Road, or you may use your own.
- Participation Fee: $75 per family
(These fees partially cover the cost of choreography, theater rental, music, sets, stage crew, backstage assistance and other production costs.)
- Performance DVD: $35
(1 per family, included with recital participation)
- Costume Fees: $80 per costume
- Creative Movement, Pre-K – Level II, Hip-Hop, and Boys Class: 1 costume each
- Levels III – VII: 2 costumes each
- Junior Company, Senior Company, and Company II: Additional costume fees may be assessed at a later date if nothing is available in our wardrobe.
RECITAL PROGRAM ADVERTISING
We offer program advertising in our 2018 recital program booklet, and this is a great opportunity to show love and support to your dancer after this year’s hard work! You may use any kind of picture will look nice (school photo, dance shot, fun with friends, etc) and include any kind of message to your dancer(s) . Once you have created your special image for your dancer, send it to us with payment and it will be printed in the program!
The program booklet will be 5.5 x 8.5 inches, will be printed in black and white, and will be distributed at all 3 recital performances. Ad printing is available in either full page or half page.
Please visit our website for more information and to submit your ad:
You may submit your recital program ad online or download an ad form to submit.
The deadline to submit ad and payment is April 7th, 2018. No ads will be accepted after the due date.
Please let us know if you have any questions.