Spring Recital 2018, “Alice in Wonderland”
Follow the White Rabbit into Wonderland and join Alice for an adventure of a lifetime in Uptown Dance Centre’s year-end recital, Alice in Wonderland.
Uptown Dance Centre’s goal is to provide a superior dance experience for your child. We thrive to present the highest quality production, including professional-level music, lighting, costumes, and theater. The Hobby Center is a beautiful facility, and it provides exposure for our students to a professional-level theater. We look forward to this year’s performance! Let’s all work together to make this year’s performance a great success!
Click buttons for more information on…
Decline Form: https://goo.gl/forms/L06w2svik1SbasCN2
If we do not hear from you by November 15th, 2017, we assume your child is participating in the recital, and you will be charged for the recital fees listed below.
All recital fees will be collected on November 30th, 2017. We will charge your credit card on file, or you may bring payment to UDC Office on or before November 30th, 2017.
Tickets going on sale on February 10, 2018.
Link will become active when tickets go on sale.
You may also purchase tickets by phone at Hobby Center Box Office: 713.315.2525 when tickets go on sale.
PERFORMANCE DATES & TIMES
Friday, May 4, 2018
3:45pm – 6:00pm
7:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, May 5, 2018
10:00am – 11:00am
11:30am – 1:30pm
Saturday, May 5, 2018
3:30pm – 4:30pm
5:00pm – 7:00pm
CAST A CALL TIMES
CAST B CALL TIMES
CAST C CALL TIMES
To determine your child’s cast, please find the class level, meeting day and time from the following lists.
Pre-K B Thur 4:15
Ballet I A Wed 2:30
Ballet I B Tues 4:15
Ballet II Tues 4:15
Hip Hop II Thur 3:30
Pre-K A Wed 3:30
Pre-K B Thur 2:30
Ballet I A Mon 3:15
Ballet 1 B Thur 4:15
Hip Hop I Tue 3:30
Ballet III (Mon/Wed)
Creative Movement Fri 10:30 am
Ballet I A Wed 4:15
Ballet I B Wed 3:30
Ballet II Mon 4:15
Sports Jazz Mon 3:30
Hip Hop II Fri 3:30
* Ballet IV, V, VI/VII, as wells as Jr Co, Sr Co, and Company II, perform in all 3 shows
Note: Casting is determined by class, i.e. an entire class is cast for a particular performance. We cannot take casting requests, as we divide the classes up equally among the three shows for the best ticket availability.
Please review the following show program (based on your child’s casting) to check for any misspelling. Simply find your child’s name under their designated class and contact UDC office immediately if errors occurred with spelling.
If there are no issues, we do not need a response.
Please drop off your dancer(s) dressed in costume with hair in bun and stage makeup.
Dancers may be dropped off at Hobby Center – Zilkha Hall lobby check-in desk. We will have someone take the dancers to the dressing rooms.
We do not have enough backstage help to do hair and makeup for the dancers. All dancers are responsible for their own hair and makeup.
PLEASE NOTE: We love our parents, however we do not have room for you backstage in the dressing rooms. We only have space for the dancers and Uptown Dance staff and helpers. No parents are allowed backstage before, during or after rehearsal and show.
AFTER PERFORMANCE PICK-UP
- Ballet Pre-K A & Ballet Pre-K B students will be brought to side hallway* for pick up. (* Access through door on Orchestra Left section)
- Ballet Level I, Ballet Level II and Hip-Hop: Pick up from stage
- Ballet Levels III–VII: Pick up from lobby
In Studio Run-Through
We will be holding a run-through of The Orient Express before we arrive to the Hobby Center Theater. It is very important for your child to see how they will be interacting with the pre-professional (level 6/7) students without the distraction of lights and costumes. To help prepare them for the feel of the show with the other dancers on stage, we are holding a run-through at the studio.
Please bring your child to the studio at the following time(s):
COSTUMES, HAIR & MAKEUP FOR PERFORMANCE
Uptown Dance Centre will provide the actual costume(s) for your child. However you must purchase/provide the following items on your own for your child.
- ALL DANCERS:
- Nude leotard
- Pink tights with seam
- Pink ballet shoes
Costume Requirement Matrix
- Nude leotard
- Black dance sneakers
You may find most of these items available via our Online Store (http://www.curtaincallforclass.com/my-studio/42249).
- Tight mid-head bun- no bangs or whispies
- Bobby pins, hair net, and hairspray are all needed for a tight bun!
- If you need help with how to put your child’s hair in a tight bun, please check with UDC office, or check out this YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3P73C4Oea14
- Hair should be clean and neat
- Pre-K through Level I:
- Blush, lipstick, and light brown eye shadow. This is to prevent their faces from washing out under the bright stage lights.
- Levels II through VII:
- Full stage make-up (^above with foundation, mascara, and eye liner). Ben Nye make-up kit may be purchased at The Performing Arts Supply Road, or you may use your own.
- Participation Fee: $75 per family
(These fees partially cover the cost of choreography, theater rental, music, sets, stage crew, backstage assistance and other production costs.)
- Performance DVD: $35
(1 per family, included with recital participation)
- Costume Fees: $80 per costume
- Creative Movement, Pre-K – Level II, Hip-Hop, and Boys Class: 1 costume each
- Levels III – VII: 2 costumes each
- Junior Company, Senior Company, and Company II: Additional costume fees may be assessed at a later date if nothing is available in our wardrobe.